24.88C Vancouver
ADS

May 2, 2024 3:56 PM - Connect Newsroom

Lok Sabha Elections: BJP has given ticket to Brij Bhushan Singh's son Karan Bhushan

Share On
lok-sabha-elections-bjp-has-given-ticket-to-brij-bhushan-singhs-son-karan-bhushan
Which is considered to be the hot seat of Uttar Pradesh. 67-year-old Brij Bhushan is a six-time Member of Parliament and his political dominance in the constituency is considered considerable.(Photo: Twiter/Brijbhushan Sharan Singh)

The BJP has canceled the ticket of Brij Bhushan Sharan Singh, the former head of the Indian Wrestling Federation, who came into the headlines after the protest of women wrestlers, but what is special is that his younger son Karan Bhushan Singh has been made a candidate from the Kaiserganj Lok Sabha seat.

Which is considered to be the hot seat of Uttar Pradesh. 67-year-old Brij Bhushan is a six-time Member of Parliament and his political dominance in the constituency is considered considerable.

Last year, several women wrestlers including female wrestler Vinesh Phogat and Olympian Sakshi Malik accused him of sexual harassment.

Latest news

death-toll-from-venezuela-earthquakes-rises-to-589-as-international-rescue-efforts-intensify
Punjabi

Death Toll from Venezuela Earthquakes Rises to 589 as International Rescue Efforts Intensify

International rescue teams have ramped up search operations for people trapped under the rubble following two powerful earthquakes measuring 7.2 and 7.5 that struck Venezuela on Wednesday. Authorities say the death toll has risen to 589, while nearly 3,000 people have been injured. Several countries across the Americas, including Brazil, Canada, Mexico, Colombia, El Salvador, Cuba and the United States, along with the United Nations, have continued to send rescue teams and humanitarian aid to assist with relief efforts. Venezuela's Health Minister, Carlos Alvarado, said the country's hospitals
b-c-premier-david-eby-cuts-china-trade-trip-short-amid-pipeline-debate
Punjabi

B.C. Premier David Eby cuts China trade trip short amid pipeline debate

British Columbia Premier David Eby has shortened his trade mission to China from a week-long visit to just three days. The trip was originally scheduled to run from June 27 to July 3. The decision comes as Alberta is expected to formally apply for federal approval of a new oil pipeline on July 1. Eby has consistently opposed the proposed pipeline project. However, speaking to reporters on Thursday, Eby said the shortened trip has nothing to do with the pipeline issue. He explained that B.C. has a pending memorandum of understanding (MoU) with the federal government, and Ottawa has asked him to
calgary-police-officer-suspended-with-pay-after-assault-charge-tied-to-2025-arrest
Punjabi

Calgary police officer suspended with pay after assault charge tied to 2025 arrest

A Calgary Police Service officer has been suspended with pay after being charged with assault in connection with an arrest that took place in May 2025. In a news release issued Friday, the service said a complainant alleged that an officer used excessive force during the arrest by "striking them multiple times with a closed fist." Police identified the accused officer as Const. Imran Khan, who faces one count of assault. The service said Khan's employment status is under review and confirmed he has been a member of the Calgary Police Service for six years. The allegation has not been proven in
cbsa-issues-dozens-of-removal-orders-in-gta-amid-extortion-related-immigration-investigations
Punjabi

CBSA issues dozens of removal orders in GTA amid extortion-related immigration investigations

The Canada Border Services Agency says it has issued removal orders against dozens of people in the Greater Toronto Area following immigration investigations into individuals with possible links to extortion-related activities. According to the CBSA, the investigations began in August last year in the Pacific and Prairie regions and were expanded to the Greater Toronto Area in November. The agency said the initiative was carried out with support from local police services, intelligence agencies and public tips. The CBSA said nearly 200 immigration investigations were launched in the Toronto ar
new-charges-laid-against-two-men-in-surrey-extortion-and-shooting-case
Punjabi

New Charges Laid Against Two Men in Surrey Extortion and Shooting Case

Surrey Police have laid additional charges against 20-year-old Harshdeep Singh and 21-year-old Hanspreet Singh in connection with an extortion and shooting investigation. The new charges include discharging a firearm and possessing a loaded weapon. The two men were arrested on January 26 shortly after shots were fired at a home near 129 Street and 84 Avenue in Surrey. Officers conducting patrols under the Surrey Police Service's Project Assurance program spotted and stopped a suspicious vehicle in the area and arrested the two suspects. A search of the vehicle led to the seizure of a loaded ha
ADS

Related News

connect fm logo

Legals

Journalism code of ethics
© 2024 AKASH BROADCASTING INC.
Android app linkApple app link