16.79C Vancouver
ADS

Jul 30, 2024 4:53 PM - The Canadian Press

Ottawa announces more than $192 million for Nova Scotia clean energy projects

Share On
ottawa-announces-more-than-192-million-for-nova-scotia-clean-energy-projects
The minister says the funding builds on the $138.2-million loan announced for the battery storage projects by the Canada Infrastructure Bank in February.(Photo: The Canadian Press)

Federal Energy Minister Jonathan Wilkinson has announced more than $192 million for six clean energy projects in Nova Scotia.

Wilkinson says $117.6 million will help with the installation of three 50-megawatt battery storage systems to be operated by Nova Scotia Power Inc. in Bridgewater, N.S., Spider Lake, N.S., and White Rock, N.S.

The minister says the funding builds on the $138.2-million loan announced for the battery storage projects by the Canada Infrastructure Bank in February.

As well, Wilkinson says three wind farm projects will get $25 million each from Ottawa’s $4.5-billion Smart Renewables and Electrification Pathways Program.

That money is to assist the wind energy projects near Windsor, N.S., Higgins Mountain, N.S., and Wedgeport, N.S.

Wilkinson says the federal government wants to assist Nova Scotia in electrifying its economy to meet the province's goal of getting off coal by 2030.

Latest news

prime-minister-mark-carney-cancels-edmonton-address-after-severe-weather-delays-ottawa-departure
Punjabi

Prime Minister Mark Carney cancels Edmonton address after severe weather delays Ottawa departure

Prime Minister Mark Carney's planned address in Edmonton on Wednesday was cancelled after severe weather in Ottawa prevented his aircraft from departing on schedule. According to the Prime Minister's Office, heavy rain, strong winds and storm conditions in Ottawa made it impossible for the prime minister's flight to take off in time for the scheduled event. A spokesperson confirmed the address was cancelled because Carney could not arrive in Edmonton as planned. The Edmonton speech was expected to focus on Canadian unity. Earlier on Canada Day, Carney urged Canadians to remain united during hi
u-s-declines-to-extend-cusma-in-current-form-annual-reviews-likely
Punjabi

U.S. declines to extend CUSMA in current form, annual reviews likely

The United States has declined to extend the Canada–United States–Mexico Agreement (CUSMA) in its current form, a move that could subject the continental trade pact to annual reviews and renewed negotiations. The announcement was made Wednesday by U.S. Trade Representative Jamieson Greer following a virtual meeting with Canadian Trade Minister Dominic LeBlanc and Mexico's Economy Secretary Marcelo Ebrard. According to the U.S. Trade Representative, the decision reflects concerns over shortcomings in the agreement and the United States' trade deficit. Under the agreement's existing terms, C
modi-iranian-president-pezeshkian-discuss-west-asia-situation-in-phone-call
Punjabi

Modi, Iranian President Pezeshkian discuss West Asia situation in phone call

Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi spoke by telephone with Iranian President Masoud Pezeshkian on Tuesday, with the two leaders discussing the latest developments in West Asia and possible paths forward in the region. According to the Government of India, Pezeshkian briefed Modi on recent developments and the current situation in the region.During the conversation, Modi welcomed progress between Iran and the United States and reiterated India's long-standing position that all issues should be resolved through dialogue and diplomacy. India has consistently advocated for peace and stability in
alberta-to-unveil-next-phase-of-proposed-west-coast-oil-pipeline-on-july-2
Punjabi

Alberta to unveil next phase of proposed West Coast oil pipeline on July 2

Alberta Premier Danielle Smith is expected to announce new details Thursday about a proposed oil pipeline that would transport crude from Alberta to Canada's West Coast. Samuel Blackett, the premier's press secretary, confirmed Monday that Smith will outline the next steps for the project, which is being proposed with a capacity of one million barrels of oil per day. The proposal falls under an Energy Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) reached last year between the Alberta and federal governments. Under the agreement, the province had until July 1 to submit its proposal to the Major Projects Of
immigration-department-says-unclear-guidance-led-to-recall-of-some-citizenship-certificates
Punjabi

Immigration department says unclear guidance led to recall of some citizenship certificates

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada says unclear departmental guidance on applications for citizenship by descent may have resulted in some people receiving proof of Canadian citizenship without sufficient supporting evidence. The department said 100 people were asked to surrender their citizenship certificates after a routine review identified cases issued under Bill C-3 that had "potentially insufficient supporting documentation." The explanation and the number of affected cases were released 17 days after the initial notices were sent to certificate holders. Federal officials said
ADS

Related News

connect fm logo

Legals

Journalism code of ethics
© 2024 AKASH BROADCASTING INC.
Android app linkApple app link